Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

We have been blessed with a great 2011, and we look forward to seeing what 2012 has in store for us.  This year, I want to have clear, written resolutions to keep me on track.

Resolution #1  Actually join a Catholic church and do a better job of keeping God as our number one priority.  Mark and I go to church on Sundays for the most part, but sometimes I feel we are on autopilot and are not getting what we should out of it.  I want to finally pick a Catholic church to join, go to confession and start 2012 with a clean slate, and be active and involved in the church we join.

Resolution #2  Loose weight, stay fit, eat healthy.  I know this is cliche and probably on everyone's list, but this is an issue I must address immediately.  I have gained a good 20 pounds the second half of 2011 that I need to get off.  I also know I am not putting very nutritional things in my body so I want to be more aware and knowledgeable of food and fitness. 

Resolution #3  Organize and live a more simple life.  I have piles of stuff...beginnings of several projects...and areas with things that need to be organized.  I am in clean mode and ready to throw out lots of stuff that I don't need.  No clutter is the theme.  Along with this is procrastination.  I am going to work on doing things quicker as they come up and not putting them off.

What are your resolutions?


Ringing in the New Year

Mark and I went to Sulpher, OK, to ring in the New Year with friends away from the city.  This is the second time we have done this, and it has proven to be a great choice each time.  Not only do we not have to worry about dressing up or drinking and driving or getting too wild, but it is bonding time with some of our bouples (best couples).  This year, we played lots of Yahtzee (I got three Yahtzee's in one round...all with sixes...what are the odds), canoed, hung out by a campfire, watched Dick Clark's New Year Special, cooked, and took walks in the trails.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

















1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a blog award!!! :) Check it out!! :) http://www.thebabblingbrunette.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete