Friday, September 23, 2011

Falling for Fall TV

Normally, fall TV does not affect the George-Peer household.  This fall, however, is a different story. 

Seasons just ended for two of my favorite shows:  Burn Notice and Royal Pains.  There is something about a hot burned spy accompanied by his sexy girlfriend, beer drinking friend, and CIA associate (who is not to bad on the eyes either) fighting crime and saving the world one day at a time that really thrills me.  Not to mention I get to learn how to build bombs and escape from 15 story buildings which could become handy one day?!  Burn Notice has all of this plus more.  The scenery isn't too bad either - I have always wanted to go to Miami.  On a different note, watching a concierge doctor on call for the rich in the Hamptons is also very entertaining.  What also makes the show is his witty brother who is sales driven adding humor and imagination to the show.  Both shows air on USA.

My regular fall TV shows normally only include Dancing with the Stars and Beverly Hills 90210.  However, the cast on Dancing with the Stars isn't really doing it for me this season.  I like a few of them, and I am SO glad Derrek Hough is back, but I don't think I'll watch this season as religiously.  And for 90210, well, that is my guilty pleasure.  It is ridiculous that I watch it, but I am hooked.  And what’s worse is that Mark watches it with me and is just as hooked!  It definitely is not as good as the original 90210, but it passes the time. 

As if two weren't enough, I have added several new shows to the mix that I am really excited to see!  Here is a preview of them:

Most Eligible Dallas (premiered 8/15/11) - Reality TV series that revolves around young adults in the Dallas metroplex area juggling their social and personal lives.  The show is entertaining.  That's all I can really say about it.  I like to watch it to see some of the Dallas hot spots and to see if I know anyone/anything on the show.  I know, it's sad.  Also, Mark used to work with one of the stars, Matt Nordgren, at Schlegel Sports so it's interesting to see the dynamics of his life versus how he was when Mark worked with him.



Pan Am (premieres 9/25/11) – Centered around the iconic airline Pan America World Airways during the 1960s.  The drama will focus on the pilots and flight attendants working for the world-famous airline in 1963.  This just looks plain interesting. 





Hart of Dixie (premieres 9/26/11) - An American medical drama TV series that follows Dr. Zoe Hart as she moves to remote Bluebell, Alabama, when there are no jobs available for her in New York.  Rachel Bilson stars as Dr. Zoe Hart.  I love her!  You probably remember her as Summer from The O.C.




Up All Night (premiered 9/14/11) - Comedy TV series that centers on a couple who struggle to balance their home lives (especially with their newborn child, Amy) and their work lives.  I think this will be fun to watch, especially since Mark and I will be in their shoes one day (later down the road).  Plus, Christina Applegate always aims to please.




Revenge (premiered on 9/21/11) - A TV drama about a girl who decides to move back from the Hamptons to take revenge on the people who caused the destruction of her family and death of her father.  I can't get enough of the Hamptons, and the shows looks like it doesn't lack suspense.




We shall see how long I stay interested in all of these new shows.  I know I cannot watch them all, but I am going to give it a try.  I can't believe how many of these shows interest me.  Fall TV has been Dancing with the Stars and 90210 ONLY for the longest time....  I am glad I get off work at 4:30PM now so I can catch up on DVR recordings before dinnertime and tennis. 

Oh, and I'm not done.  On top of of my normal shows combined with the new shows, I am catching up on Mad Men.  I had to see what all the buzz is about.  AMC is re-running all of the episodes in order from Season 1 on Sunday mornings.  The verdict...I cannot get enough!  They air three episodes in the morning, but I could watch more!  It’s great!  The screenplay and characters are amazing.  If you are not hooked on this show, it is only a matter of time.  I am glad they won the Emmy this year for best TV Drama Series.

I guess that’s it for my TV craze going on right now.  I am definitely falling for Fall TV this year.  What are you watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment